Chocolate Coating Machine Operator Work available:
Gardners Candies is offering a career opportunity to learn a trade. We are looking for a highly motivated person who is willing to start early, stay late and become part of our growing organization.
This is a highly skilled position that requires this person to be prepared to work hard to learn how to work with chocolate equipment. No experience necessary!
Gardners Candies is accepting resumes for qualified candidates for this position. If your background is a good fit, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Machine operator tends to equipment that melts and coats chocolate on candy centers, pretzels, nuts etc., fills machine hoppers and tanks with chocolate using buckets or conveyors, turns valves to regulate temperature of tanks to melt and facilitate flow of chocolate according to thermometer readings.
• Operates and maintains machinery, equipment, and tools in a safe and proficient manner according to standards, guidelines, and instructions.
• Ensures product meets specifications per company requirements.
• Performs maintenance as required.
• Assists, trains, directs, and monitors other employees in the work area.
• Responsible for ensuring the availability of supplies for production.
• Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the machinery.
• Responsible for machine condition and communicating any issues with the machine to the supervisor.
• Ability to read scales, tape measures, and thermometers.
• Ability to read and understand quality specifications established by the company.
• Receives, stores, secures, maintains, loads, and delivers raw materials and finished products as required.
• Ability to understand and complete paperwork accurately.
• May be assigned to other jobs by Plant Manager as required.
This position requires bending, lifting, stooping, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling.